Sat, 06 Aug|
Mermaid Beach Community Centre
How to Be Humn Series - Conscious Connecting & Empowered Relating
Whether you’re single, dating or in a committed relationship, if you desire to thrive in life this workshop is for you!
Time & Location
06 Aug 2022, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Mermaid Beach Community Centre, 2439 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218, Australia
About the event
Whether you’re single, dating or in a relationship, if you desire to thrive in life this workshop is for you!
Connection and relating rely on consent and communication. But..…
– Have you ever found it difficult to express yourself?
– Do you ever feel stuck or frozen when it comes to expressing your needs and desires, or asking others about their needs and desires?
– Do you find it hard to have the conversations you know you need to have for the level of relationship, connection, and understanding you truly desire?
– Have you ever found it difficult knowing whether you want to say yes or no, or felt unsure whether you or the other person, were consenting during or afterwards?
Welcome to the How to Be Humn Series. This is the first workshop of many designed to showcase tools and practices that when implemented can support living a happy and fulfilling life. Covering topics from conscious relating to holistic health and wellness and all in between we are excited to share the knowledge that has helped us in our journey to becoming better humans, for ourselves and the planet.
We use the power of intention, journaling, breathwork and meditation alongside practical exercises run by experts in their field to guide your upleveling process in life. All to help you build more self-awareness and compassion for yourself and all others.
In this workshop, participants will be offered Somatic (body awareness) tools to explore. Participants will work with a simple framework to practice making embodied decisions and express themselves confidently and comfortably. Participants will be empowered in feeling and embodying what works and feels good within their body.
We anchor this work in curiosity, compassion, and self-accountability.
This workshop shines a light on what’s missing within dating and relationships to create new levels of understanding, communication and pathways to fulfilling and empowered connection.
In this workshop we’ll explore:
– Conscious relating and dating
– Full body consent – Enthusiastic “Yes” and “No”
– The importance of Desire
– Embody the Wheel Of Consent - Give/Receive Take/Allow
– Embody the skills needed to express your needs and desires
– Empowered communication
– Understanding yourself and others
– Somatic Practices for meaningful connection,
– Somatic Practices to recalibrate relationship dynamics
– Somatic Practices to heal Co-dependency
– How exchanges affect the biology of the body - hormones/health
– Embracing "Flow" and "Structure/Ritual"
This will be a space where talking about sex is welcomed, however, embodied consent and empowerment are not only about sex, and neither are the skills and activities we’ll be working with.
- Would you like to feel more embodied?
- Would you like to feel more confident and empowered?
- Would you like to feel more relaxed and open?
- Would you like to better understand others and learn ways to confidently communicate your needs, desires and boundaries?
- Are you longing for more meaningful connection?
- Would you like to learn communication and relating skills to take your dating or current relationship to a whole new level?
Structure for the afternoon
- Introduction and intention setting
- Energising Movement & Embodiment flow run by Alon & Jonty
- First Section with Kate
- Small Break
- Second Section with Kate
- Breathwork and guided meditation run by Alon & Jonty to physically integrate the learnings
- Journaling to mentally integrate the learnings and experience
All of the nourishing Somatic practices and exercises are offered as an invitation and opportunity to explore and learn. Your level of participation is your choice. Embodied consent is a powerful learning and practice.
This is a fully clothed workshop.
Please dress comfortably.
- Yoga Mat to lay down on for some of the exercises & breathwork
- Bring your favourite blanket, hoodie, shawl, or other cozy items to keep your body warm.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Water and light refreshment will be provided but please bring food if you need.
Space is limited. Bookings essential!
Financial Difficulty Allowance
We aim to be all inclusive, so, if you believe you or someone dear to you would greatly benefit from this workshop but are unable to afford the financial commitment due to financial difficulty please get in touch with us as we would love of offer any spare tickets to those in need. Please send us a email with your situation and we will asses each case individually.
Who's is Kate? Who are Humn?
Kate is a Somatic Sexologist, Certified Sexological Bodyworker, ISTA I & II (International School Temple Arts), Master Your Pleasure and Shamanic Womb Graduate, Landmark Graduate, Author and Workshops Facilitator. She has the training and experience to support you in embodying more pleasure and reclaiming sexual empowerment.
Kate is very passionate about helping people reconnect to the power and pleasure of love and intimacy!
Kate offers sex and relationship coaching, embodied therapy and somatic education to individuals, and couples and enjoys facilitating a range of workshops and events.
Kate has presented at retreats and festivals such as Taste Of Love, One World Tantra, Feast, The Edge and Illuminate.
Kate combines many years of experience in fitness, health, healing, breathwork, bodywork, transformation, plant medicines and the shamanic arts to create a unique transmission that inspires, enlivens and awakens. Kate is an engaging speaker with a natural passion for sharing interesting stories, references and rich personal experiences. She loves bridging the gap between spirituality and science by delivering her understanding and wisdom within a practical context that inspires, motivates, and awakens new perspectives.
Kate brings presence, warmth, openness, heart, authenticity and integrity to her work, and welcomes people of all genders, sexualities and relationship preferences.
Kate is a professional member of SSEAA – Somatic Sex Educators Australia www.sseaa.org
Founded by Alon Preter and Jonty Coats Harrison. We believe all humans are unique yet connected on a deep and profound level. We are all inhabitants of this planet and all deserve equal opportunity to thrive. Our mission is to inspire and motivate others to live incredible healthy lives through the intentional use of intention, movement, breath and many other modalities combined to build more awareness and a better connection with ourselves
Our workshops are designed to take you through a journey of connecting to yourself on a deeper level, beginning with gentle practices that are designed to release the tension and stress from your life that has accumulated. We move through exercises that are positioned to reconnect you with your inner core and rebuild the passion inside to nourish and look after yourself. We flow into connection activities curated to facilitate openness for oneself self and compassion for others. We then use ancient techniques designed to build inner strength and vitality and follow this with immersions to take you out of your comfort zone to grow. We finish with some warming and heart-opening drinks to help you move forward with a new sense of growth and vitality.
Alon runs his therapy practice and incorporates 10+ years experience of in traditional Chinese Medicine, Reflexology, Massage and other modalities to serve the entire body for it to heal on its own accord.
Jonty has been in the health and wellness space for the past 5 years, starting as a personal trainer, and now coaching and running events to inspire people to live to their fullest potential.
We are excited to see you at our event or if not this time, in the future.
+$1.18 service fee
+$1.18 service fee
Early Bird - Double Ticket
+$1.98 service fee
Two tickets at a special price for you and a friend, family member, partner or anyone else
+$1.98 service fee
+$1.50 service fee
One GA Ticket
+$1.50 service fee0
GA - Double Ticket
+$2.43 service fee
Two tickets for you and a friend, family member, partner or anyone else
+$2.43 service fee0